Wednesday 28 May 2014

No bake Mango cheese cake


The learning that takes place during the journey of cooking can be amazing and abundant. Being a foodie I love to try out different cuisine and now that I have become a passionate cook, I like dish out recipes that catches up with my imagination in terms of flavour and taste. The elegance of layered cheesecake has been haunting me since last year and finally I made it this year. I do take my time, I love to see my learnings about recipes mature and then give that ultimate try. It is not that I don't fail in my trials, but I always try to minimise it by enhancing my understanding of any given recipe.

Usually the cheesecake recipes, I would browse through would demand cream cheese. It is nowadays available in India, but I was not very sure of the flavour it would add to cheesecake. So, my search was on until I found the recipe where the ingredients were familiar and I got a grasp of this cheesy and cakey outcome. So here is "No bake Mango cheese cake" made out out of paneer, curd, mangoes and biscuit crumbs. 

No bake Mango cheese cake

Recipe source : http://sizzleanddrizzle.com/

Serves : 5 to 6 persons




Ingredients:

Mango (large)- 3 (I used bainganpalli variety)
Paneer- 1 ½  cup
Hung curd- 2 cup (Hang about 4 cups of curd for 4 hours and let the whey water drain and you will get hung curd)
Sugar- 1 ½ cup
Gelatin- 5 tsp
Digestive biscuits- 16 nos.
Butter- 60 gms
Chopped mangoes- 3 tbsp
Chopped cherries- 3

Procedure: Take a 9'' inch spring-form pan and line it with silver foil paper. For layer one-Crush the biscuits coarsely using a grinder or your hands. Mix in the softened butter with crushed biscuits and soon you will notice that the binding has formed. Now take the spring-form pan, line uniformly. Refrigerate it for 20 minutes. For layer two-Now takes paneer and hung curd, mix them well so that no lumps are formed. Make purée of two mangoes and heat it in a pan. Take 3 tsp of gelatin and mix well with the warm purée. After that mix the purée with the paneer and hung curd. Bring the pan out and pour uniformly the paneer-hung curd-mango purée mixture. Refrigerate it for 1 hour. For third layer- mango glaze. Take purée of one mango, boil it and add 2 tsp of gelatin. Take out the pan and again pour uniformly the mango glaze and let it chill for 4- 6 hours. After that garnish with chopped mangoes and cherries. 

Notes :

Before using gelatine, do read the instructions properly on how to use it.

I added extra sugar, but you may reduce the sugar level as per your liking.

Serve the cheese cake with some fresh mangoes, for that extra mango punch.


No comments:

Post a Comment