Wednesday 14 May 2014

Masala omelette


Easy things can give you a tough time too. So for instance,omelette which is seemingly the easiest thing to make in kitchen was a tough thing for me. My omelette would stick to the pan or would break while I flipped. More badly, it never tasted the way I wanted it to be.  I also shared my sad story about omelet with one of my school friend. As expected he laughed and was amused at my struggle with a simple omelette. But that was a year ago, I persisted with my trials and now I am able to make really good omelette. So here is my recipe for making tasty n fluffy omelette.

Masala omelette

Serves: 2 persons



Ingredients:

Eggs- 4
Tomato (medium) - 1 (finely chopped)
Onion (large) - 1 (finely chopped)
Green chilies (small) - 2 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves- 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Milk- 2 tbsp
Black pepper powder- 2 tsp
Oil- 1 tbsp
Salt to taste

Procedure: Break the eggs in a bowl, add milk, salt, onions, tomatoes, chilies, black pepper powder and beat everything well with the help of a fork. After that, heat oil in a pan and reduce the flame to low once hot. Now add the egg mixture to the pan. Cover and let the omelette cook. After 4-5 minutes you will see that the omelet has risen and has become firm. Now flip to the other side, increase the flame for nice browning. Then after 1 minute switch off the flame and the masala omelette is ready.

Masala omelette  tastes best with toast or paranthas.

No comments:

Post a Comment