Sunday 8 June 2014

Aamras


Sometime back I had made “aamras”, not knowing the original name I was thinking hard on what to name- the pure and ultimate mango drink. Thanks to one of my dear colleague and friend who talked about “aamras” and its method of preparation. So suddenly, I had a name “aamras”- a dish very popular in Gujarat and Maharashtra.  It is also an attractive feature of the traditional Gujarati and Marathi thalis. I am amazed at the rate at which I am now discovering about different cuisines and the cultural feel that underlines them. Funnily, I had made “aamras” to go along with pizza- Now the traditionalist would be laughing aloud. But I did like the combination- So here is the part of the combo “aamras” recipe for you.

Aamras

Serves: 2 persons



Ingredients:
Mangoes- 2 (I used Bainganpalli variety)
Sugar- 1 tbsp

Procedure: Collect the mango pulp from two mangoes and along with sugar grind it into a smooth paste. As per your liking pour it in glass or bowls and serve.

Notes:

You may add about ¼ tsp of cardamom powder if you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment