Saturday 17 May 2014

Mango mousse


This season has been “the mango season” for me. I am usually not into fruits and sweets; I feel comfort and happiness with hot and spicy food (I have never been health-wise). But this time, finally my taste buds demanded mangoes and more of mangoes. I have come to believe that the best part of getting into cooking is also eating. I mean I have started to eat a lot more variety of both fruits and vegetables. So the journey from not eating mangoes to only eating mangoes has been adventurous and good learning experience for me. I started with basic mango milkshakes, mango lassi to bolder mango fudge and now here is mango mousse. Now let’s be grounded, mango mousse is very easy to prepare and is loved a sweet endings to our meals.

Mango mousse                
                                                          
Serves: 5 to 6 persons




Ingredients:

Mango pulp- 3 large mangoes (chopped and pureed)
Sugar- 5 tbsp
Heavy cream- ¾ cup ( I used Amul cream)
Gelatine- 1 tbsp
Water- 4 tbsp
Chocolate chips- handful
Cherries- handful

Procedure: Take the mango pulp, sugar and grind it into a smooth paste. Then add heavy cream to the mixer and again blend it well. After that warm the water and mix the gelatin in it, till it appears as thick liquid. Add this to the puréed mangoes, pulse the grinder for few seconds. Then pour it in your desired glasses or bowls. Refrigerate it for 4-6 hours, garnish with chocolate chips and cherries and serve.

Note: You may use tutti frutti or honey to garnish your mango mousse.

No comments:

Post a Comment