Monday 12 May 2014

Desi paneer bhurji with Chinese twist


I believe, I have already spoken how fixated I become when it is a pure vegetarian day for me. Soya, Mushrooms and Paneer are my hot favourites for such days. When it comes to Paneer, I usually prepare a gravy dish. But one day, I really did not want to make the same old paneer gravy, so thought of making Paneer Bhurji. To be frank I have eaten "Paneer bhurji" may be thrice in my entire life till now. So, thankfully I had no memories about the stereotypical "paneer bhurji" preparation. Therefore, I decided to make it my own way-bringing the "desi" and "videshi" dhamaka together!!

I am very fond of Chinese flavor. I am kind in love with tomato sauce and there was a time I used to add tomato sauce to literally all food that I ate- be it rice or roti. Well that was during hostel days when food was specially served cold and tasteless. But now I have control over my urges and try not to indulge in saucy affairs (well implication only relates to food) that very often. So for the "Paneer Bhurji", here goes my  "Chinese twist". 

Desi paneer bhurji with Chinese twist

Serves : 2 to 3 persons



Ingredients :
Paneer- 200 gms
Onion (small) - 2 (finely chopped)
Tomato (medium)-  1 (finely chopped)
Capsicum (small) - 1 (finely chopped)
Ginger-garlic paste- ½ tbsp..
Chili powder- ½ tbsp.
Pepper powder- ½ tbsp.
Garam masala- ½ tbsp.
Soya sauce- 2 tsp.
Chili sauce- ½ tbsp.
Tomato sauce- 1 tbsp
Spring onion- 3 tbsp. (finely chopped)
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Dry red chilies- 2
Oil- 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste

Procedure: Crumble the paneer well. Heat oil in pan, add cumin seeds and dry red chilies. After they have spluttered add, onions and fry for 3 minutes, then add tomatoes, capsicum, red chili powder and ginger garlic paste. Sauté it well till the raw smell of ginger-garlic paste disappears. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. After that add soya sauce, chili sauce, tomato sauce and mix it all very well. Fry for another 2 minutes and then add the crumbled paneer. After that stir everything well and keep cooking on high flame for another 5 minutes. Finally add salt, black pepper powder, garam masala and spring onions. Give it a final stir and it is ready to be served.


Desi paneer bhurji with Chinese twist tastes best with rotis or paranthas.

No comments:

Post a Comment