Friday 19 December 2014

Masala baby potatoes roast- My 50th post :)

Till I decided to marry I did not know much about cooking. I was happy, but when I thought about making the “MAN” of my life happy, cooking somehow seemed to be a bright option. Moreover, I was a hardcore foodie. I was reluctant at the beginning but all thanks to my “Mamu”, “Maiin” and “Tutul” (my little cousin brother who was still in school then, but nevertheless he was an amazing cook) who introduced me to the basics of cooking. The image of my cousin teaching me to chop onions using a knife is still so vivid.

Its more than two years now and I have worked really hard to sharpen my cooking skills and managing the kitchen. I discovered about food blogging very late, but had no plans to be part of it. But then things happened gradually, when I started to create dishes and there was an intense need in me to preserve the essence of my learnings. I started writing for myself, then I thought of sharing with my friends and anybody who shares the passion for cooking. I am still to complete a year as a food blogger and here comes my 50th post that too before this year ends. This year has not been a smooth riding year but somehow I managed to pull it off…all thanks to you!! I want to thank all the dear ones in my life who have endlessly supported, appreciated and encouraged me.

Coming to the recipe, I am sharing a quite delectable recipe with my favorite vegetable and that is “potatoes”. All my childhood I have survived on it, I would not touch any other vegetable and any reason wouldn't make any sense to me. So, here is the recipe with cute little baby potatoes that bursts with lovely flavors. All my sweet readers I will meet u next year with some more exciting recipes. Blessings…blessings and blessings all around.

Masala baby potatoes roast

Serves: 2 to 3 persons




Ingredients:

Baby potatoes- 500 grams (with skin on and washed thoroughly)
Roasted cumin powder- ½ tbsp.
Coriander powder- ½ tbsp.
Chili powder- ½ tbsp.
Turmeric powder- ½ tsp.
Cumin seeds- ¼ tbsp.
Green chilies- 4
Oil- 2-3 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Water as required

Procedure:

Heat oil in a Kadhai, once hot add cumin seeds and green chilies. After it has spluttered add potatoes, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. Mix everything well sprinkle some water, reduce the flame low heat. Cover and cook. Check every now and then, anytime you find the masala sticking to the pan, sprinkle some water and keep on stirring so that all the potatoes are evenly cooked. Cover and cook till done. Depending on the size of the potatoes it may take about from 20-30 minutes.

Notes:

Do not cook over medium or high flame, let it cook slowly on low flame for best results.

Using roasted cumin powder gives this additional punch in terms of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment