Tuesday 29 April 2014

The spice-less chicken gravy with butter garlic tadka

The spice-less chicken gravy with butter garlic tadka

I call it spice-less because I have omitted the usage of overdoes of spices (only turmeric powder and chili powder goes into it). Well I have a habit of glorifying my chicken dishes with lot of spices. When my mummy came to my place she causally told me that she cooks chicken without any special spices. I was surprised because I had never tried chicken that way. However, recently, I decided to give it a try and the result was remarkably juicy yummy chicken.

The spice-less chicken gravy with butter garlic tadka:

Serves: 4-5 persons



Ingredients: 
Chicken- 1.2 kg
Onions (medium) - 7 (finely sliced)
Tomato (medium) – 3 (finely chopped)
Curd- 1 cup
Turmeric powder- 2 tsp
Red chili powder- 1 tbsp
Kashmiri chili powder- 2 tsp
Oil- 2 tbsp
Butter- 1 tbsp
Garlic- 4 tbsp (finely chopped)
Green chilies- 6
Sugar- 1 tsp
Salt to taste

Procedure:


 Marinate chicken for 1 hour with curd and turmeric powder. Then take oil in a kadhai with some sugar. After the sugar melts, add onions and sauté it well till translucent. After that mix in the chicken along with marinade and keep on frying on high heat. Continue cooking till the water dries up and then add the chopped tomatoes, salt, Kashmiri chili powder and red chili powder. Cover and cook till the chicken is done. It will take around 45 minutes. Meanwhile heat a tadka pan, melt the butter in it and add the chopped garlic and green chilies. Fry it till the garlic turns light brown and then add to the chicken. Give a final stir and its ready to be served.

Notes:


You may alter the quantity of chili powder used in the recipe according to your liking.

The spice-less chicken goes well with masala rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment